- Top Two Skin Creams
- About Psoriasis
- Best Natural Treatments to Help Heal Psoriasis
- My Story
- Phototherapy for Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Treatment Blog
- How I Cleared My Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Types and Treatments
- Psoriasis Phototherapy
- Skin Care for Psoriasis
- Top 5 Psoriasis Products Chosen By Our Readers
- Top 5 Safer Treatments for Psoriasis
- All about Anthralin, One of the Most Effective Psoriasis Treatments
- LCD and Tar Home Psoriasis Treatment Tests
- 8 Effective Psoriasis Treatments
- All About Stelara for Treating Psoriasis
- Amevive Treatment for Healing Psoriasis
- Elidel Cream
- Guttate Psoriasis
- Latest advances in Psoriasis treatment
- Latest Research in Psoriasis
- New Psoriasis Treatment Psorent
- New Treatment Research in Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Treatments Available at the Dead Sea
- Psoriasis Treatment with Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Psoriatic Arthritis Treatments
- The 7 Least Commonly used Psoriasis Treatments Today
- The 10 Most Commonly Used Psoriasis Treatments Today
- Top 10 Psoriasis Lotions
- Treatment for Psoriasis Using Enbrel
- Why Does the Goeckerman Treatment Heal Psoriasis So Effectively?
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Scalp Psoriasis
- 10 Tips You Need to Know About Phototherapy for Psoriasis
- Home Phototherapy for Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Frequently Asked Questions
- Psoriasis Tips
- About Us
- Donate - Please Help Us
- Recent posts
Psoriasis Treatment with Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Submitted by mypsoria on Tue, 10/09/2007 - 04:56.
Psoriasis regularly attacks the skin to produce scales and inflammation. Medical studies have proved that Omega 3 group of acids can be very beneficial to treat the symptoms of Psoriasis. They can be obtained in oils of fish, particularly the salmon and Cod Liver. They provide nutrition to the body.
These Omega-3 type acids prevent release of chemicals known as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are formed by "arachidonic acid" which exists in cell membranes. Whenever its level rises the patient experiences inflammation.
A research was carried out on a group of 86 persons suffering from Psoriasis. They were given Omega 3 as well as Omega 6 treatment. In comparison it was found that Omega 3 displayed better results. Further studies are under progress. The result could be an important discovery in the treatment of Psoriasis.
Including a supplement of Omega 3 to your diet could be considered for Psoriasis patients. Nuts, Flax Seeds or Fish oils can give you this supplement. Two substances found in fish are eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid. Alpha-linolenic acid is contained in soybean, canola, olive and Flaxseed or linseed oil.
Green vegetables can immensely help. Fish is recommended thrice a week accompanied by nuts. Vitamin E has to be consumed while taking additional fatty acid supplements. Fatty acids are metabolized to radicals of free form in the body.
Conclusive findings are yet to be obtained in by research and it is an ongoing process. However indications obtained thus far are very positive. You can certainly include fish and green vegetables in your diet with a supplement of oil.