- Top Two Skin Creams
- About Psoriasis
- Best Natural Treatments to Help Heal Psoriasis
- My Story
- Phototherapy for Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Treatment Blog
- How I Cleared My Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Types and Treatments
- Psoriasis Phototherapy
- Skin Care for Psoriasis
- Top 5 Psoriasis Products Chosen By Our Readers
- Top 5 Safer Treatments for Psoriasis
- All about Anthralin, One of the Most Effective Psoriasis Treatments
- LCD and Tar Home Psoriasis Treatment Tests
- 8 Effective Psoriasis Treatments
- All About Stelara for Treating Psoriasis
- Amevive Treatment for Healing Psoriasis
- Elidel Cream
- Guttate Psoriasis
- Latest advances in Psoriasis treatment
- Latest Research in Psoriasis
- New Psoriasis Treatment Psorent
- New Treatment Research in Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Treatments Available at the Dead Sea
- Psoriasis Treatment with Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Psoriatic Arthritis Treatments
- The 7 Least Commonly used Psoriasis Treatments Today
- The 10 Most Commonly Used Psoriasis Treatments Today
- Top 10 Psoriasis Lotions
- Treatment for Psoriasis Using Enbrel
- Why Does the Goeckerman Treatment Heal Psoriasis So Effectively?
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Scalp Psoriasis
- 10 Tips You Need to Know About Phototherapy for Psoriasis
- Home Phototherapy for Psoriasis
- Psoriasis Frequently Asked Questions
- Psoriasis Tips
- About Us
- Donate - Please Help Us
- Recent posts
Latest Advances in Psoriasis treatment
Submitted by mypsoria on Wed, 07/18/2007 - 05:14.
As a Psoriasis patient, if you have been told that there is no cure for Psoriasis, you have been wrongly advised. Psoriasis can be cured completely. Research in the field has proved that it is 100% curable.
Only biological medicines were available a few years ago. Research has made numerous safe treatment options available to us now. Some latest methods are described below
Topical Drug Therapy
Photo or Light therapy
Topical therapy involves the use of oils, lotions, sprays and creams which can be applied on the affected parts. Normally this is the first step in the treatment. They do not enter your blood stream directly. Some important topical drugs available are as under
Heal Psoriasis oil. This is a 100% natural product. It consists of extracts of plants.
Tetrasil® is another multipurpose ointment available.
Ultraviolet rays are used in Photo therapy treatment. Three types of ultra violet rays which are available are UVA, UVB and UVC. The UVB light is normally used for treatment. Psoralen is another method of treatment which involves combination of UVA and UVB. UVB is taken under the supervision of a doctor but home units are also available BClear® is a recent type of Phototherapy. It involves the use of latest fiber optic technology and UVB Light. Patients have been cured in comparatively lesser number of sessions with no side effects.
Another method of treating Psoriasis is systematic medication. Normally it is used for patients who have not responded to other types of treatments. Such patients may have a higher percentage of their bodies affected. In this therapy the immune system of the body is targeted.